Thursday, March 28, 2013

Apple Core

A long time back, I had seen a quilt made from the "Apple Core" or "Double Ax Head" pattern. It intrigued me, the way the pieces fit together, and I wanted to try something like that. So I made a template, and cut out enough pieces to perhaps make a pillow cover.


I *eventually* got the rows sewn together, and that was a nightmare! Those curves! I had the worst time.

So now they've sat for quite awhile, with the pieces in rows. Who knows when I'll get the nerve to sew the rows together!

So meanwhile, I'll enjoy them as decoration while they hang out on this little hangar I found at the thrift store. Maybe, just maybe, I'll tackle them one of these days.