Saturday, February 9, 2013

Multi-generation Treasure


At the top of this blog, it says, "Beautiful Expressions from Generation to Generation." Well, this quilt certainly fits in that category!


The quilt belongs to my friend. The squares were made by her grandmother. My friend put the squares together into a top with the help of a lady. Another lady machine quilted the top. Then, the quilt took a trip through the mail to me, and I had the honor of binding it. I finally got it done (she was very patient!), and it made the trip back to its home. It's a "Dresden Plate," and features feed sack material from the depression days or thereabouts. A BEAUTIFUL treasure. It was a real joy to be included in the making of it!

2 comments:

  1. nice to hear from you
    and pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rhonda! Thanks for your comment - good to hear from you, too! I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do on the blog things. :)

    ReplyDelete