Saturday, April 6, 2013

This-n-That

I was scouring my photo albums for some old pictures, and came across these that were quilt-related. May have posted some before, but if so, here they are again. ha ha

A baby comforter I made when I was expecting our first son. Got this made and put it in the county fair the summer of 1992. Got a blue on it.



Two sisters I went to college with and roomed with, they gave me a bag of scraps that their mother had had from making their outfits through the years. So I made each of them a quilt from the scraps. One got a 7-star pattern, and one got this 9-patch. Mom helped me quilt this 9-patch, so it was set up out at Mom and Dad's house in the living room, over the dining table. Probably around 1992 or 1993 or so, judging by the crib in the background!



This is an Irish Chain quilt I made for friends who were expecting a baby. Worked on this in 1988 and 1989, and put it in the county fair the summer of 1989, before giving it to my friends later. Got a blue on it. This was my first solo try at making a quilt. (The big white "border" is actually a sheet that the quilt was laying on in the yard. The colored squares go right up to the binding.)



Me on the front porch swing at home, holding the Irish Chain quilt. I was in my late 20's. Hadn't met my husband yet. Had just got moved back home from living and working in another town for about a year.



Closeup of the Irish Chain. I had it laying on a sheet out in the yard for photos.



(Note: Yep, I've posted the baby comforter and the 9-patch before. Blame it on poor memory!)

No comments:

Post a Comment