Thursday, May 19, 2011

Old Projects, New Projects

Sort of an update ... will do some pictures soon.


I've been quilting like mad on the two small quilts - the Jacob's Ladder and the Log Cabin. Looking better and better as I go along.


I'm also preparing a couple of new projects:


1. Quilt a top that Mom put together when I was a kid. At one time it was a popular craft to "paint" with tubes (line-type drawing). Several had made some blocks of various "kitten" subjects, and Mom put it all together with pink gingham. So I've got a gray-and-pink-on-white floral print for the back, and get it quilted. Several put their names on them, so it's sort of a "memory" quilt for me. It's not that big, but big enough to be a fun project.


2. Mom made a tied comforter for me once out of double-knit squares. VERY sturdy! Many of the pieces, I remember things made from them for either she or myself. BUT, the backing (no batting) was a simple cotton sheet, and it went to pieces! So it's been folded up and stored for a long, long time now, but I want it out to enjoy. So I'm going to trim the old sheet off, LEAVING MOM'S TIED YARN, and sew a fresh sheet to the back. Then somehow tie my own yarn places on it to keep it together.


So as soon as I get with it, I'll post some pictures of all this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment