Monday, May 30, 2011

Quilting, Quilting, Quilting ...

Quilting, quilting, quilting ...


Keep those needles movin' ...


Soon you will be finished ... RAWHIDE!


Oops, bad job at lyrics. LOL


I haven't been working on them very regularly, but have made fair progress on the two small quilts that are in hoops. If I get them finished in time for the local fair in August, O.K., if not, O.K. too. So we'll just see.


Jacob's Ladder:




Log Cabin:




I can tell if I am quilting a lot or NOT quilting a lot, according to the callouses on my fingers (from the needle poking underneath). Dad said his mom, my grandma, who was a lifetime quilter, used to soak her fingers in kerosene. Um ... I think I'll skip that remedy!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to learn how to quilt, but since I can't even seem to finish a cross-stitch project, I'm not really sure quilting would be for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that would be neat if you could try it! Just keep it simple with big pieces at first, in a small project. :)

    ReplyDelete