Friday, October 21, 2011

Done ... For Now

WOO-HOO!!! The Jacob's Ladder quilt is QUILTED and TRIMMED. All it needs is binding, and I'm going to do that later on down the road, who knows when. I am so tired of looking at these three fabrics over and over. I mean, it's been several years since I started the first blocks. But even with that said, I like the effect of the colors in the block pattern and how they look when you see the whole quilt.





A closeup of the blocks.




Now, I'm gonna cut loose and have some quilting fun! I want to get that pink gingham animal block quilt ready to put in the hoop to quilt. All it needs is the border. Then I have several sets of blocks I've been working on for small projects - fall leaves, spools, friendship blocks, etc. Plus the Farmer's Wife blocks.


Plus I want to get into the "feed sack" material I have, and make a small quilt reminiscent of the '30's and '40's.


PLUS, a good friend of mine sent these beauties to me, to do something with, oh yeah! That was sure a sweet surprise! Dresden Plate blocks made out of feed sack material, enough for a nice-sized quilt. Just need some material squares to applique them to, and center-circle material, and that will be a fun winter project to work on. Plus the little hexagon "flower garden" blocks, those will be nice for a wallhanging and a pillow, perhaps. Off I go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment