Thursday, October 27, 2011

Busy Day

Spent a good amount of time in my "sewing nook" today.


Yesterday, I got the bindings sewn on the rug mugs. Now to stitch them down by hand on the back.




Today I got busy on some Farmer's Wife blocks. I do them in groups of four. I had one done for quite awhile, and the other pieces were cut out, but they were just sitting and sitting! So last night and today, this group got finished.


It seems I've saved all the blocks with tiny pieces for last! I think that's why they sit so long before I get them done. I dread the little pieces! This "Garden Path" block not only had little pieces, it also had "Y" seams.


I don't use pins when it's just pieces going together. But when it gets into rows and more length to sew, I do use pins just to keep everything matched up and where it needs to be. ESPECIALLY so with these "Y" seams where the ends of the red pieces met.




I got it done, but don't look too close! It's got some major puckers. But remember, I'M HAVING FUN. Even if I'm cross-eyed from looking at tiny pieces and "Y" seams!




Corn and Beans, Friendship.




Garden Path, Fruit Basket.



I also worked on cutting out pieces for some more "spool" blocks. I had four blocks made, and want to have a dozen or so. Trying to stay in sort of a red-white-and-blue color scheme for the most part. Will post pictures of that as it gets a little more done on it.


Now, I have a very important piece of advice. If you're sewing, and have a mug of hot coffee nearby, and also have a sack nearby for threads and throw-away scraps, make sure you don't accidentally put thread snippets or whatever in your coffee!

2 comments:

  1. just stopping by to say hi
    I always enjoy seeing what you are working on. Your blocks are so pretty, and way more challenging than I ever try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Rhonda! How are ya? Thanks about the blocks - I'll tell you, those tiny pieces try me pretty hard! I'm having to push myself to do those kind. LOL

    ReplyDelete