Monday, June 20, 2011

More Projects

It's a sickness, I tell ya'. I think every artsy-craftsy person has it. You've got projects going, projects that need finished ... yet you get ideas and start more!


I've got two small quilts in hoop frames ... allll-moooost done with one. Then I have one waiting in the wings (the pink-gingham one). I also have a couple of sewing projects on the list - a skirt and a pair of pillowcases. So what do I do? Get more ideas!


I've always liked the "friendship quilt" pattern, with various ways to put names or whatever in the block. I though that just for fun, I'd make a very small one of only four blocks - one each for my grandmas, one for my mom, and one for me. I like the "older" type fabric patterns, such as from the '30's, '40's and '50's. These fabrics make me think of that time. So here are the pieces cut out for four blocks, "just for fun" to see how it will turn out.




Then, I was looking at the etsy shop for the "Prairie Moon Quilts" blog (see blog list at right), and saw a kit for a mini postage stamp quilt. I immediately loved it, and thought I'd just try to cut one out from my own fabrics, just to see if I could.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/73444504/postage-stamp-mini-quilt-kit


So I picked a pile of fabrics, and made a little square template for the "postage stamp" pieces. So I have some cutting out to do. So far, I'm thinking to put the light purple for a border, and the dark purple for the binding. WE'LL SEE.




Then I want to do the SAME THING with this pile I picked from my stash of various reds, whites and blues.



*AHEM* ... I think I have plenty on my plate now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment