Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tiny Sewing




After arranging all the various postage stamp pieces in a square, I started sewing the teeny-tiny squares together. Sew a row, then connect them. It's going 'way faster than I thought, so it's not being nearly as tedious as I thought. In fact, it's fun to see the colors joined together to start seeing the effect of the arrangement.


I stick a safety pin on the starting block on the left, in case I put the strip down to take a break of some kind, and accidentally come back and start sewing on the wrong end! It could happen you know, my brain is a little addled at this point in my life. I need all the help I can get!


I hadn't done any hand-piecing for quite awhile, since I had gotten my machine out. But after it broke awhile back, I've been doing various other things - planning projects, crocheting, etc. Well, I have to say, I'm enjoying this piecing by hand, it's kind of calming me down. I think as I stitch. Of course, this is how Grandma C. did all her piecing, by hand. So it might be a blessing in disguise to get back to doing it this way. I'm eager to see the whole block. Will share when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment