Sunday, January 9, 2011

Glutton For Punishment

I like to think, "You never know until you try."


I kept wanting to try this "double axe head" pattern I kept seeing. Maybe it was the way the pieces fit together that intrigued me. Maybe it was the idea of variety or a challenge.


It's MADNESS, I tell you! "Tedious" is a severe understatement.




I got a stack of pieces cut out, each one different material.




The pieces fit like this, with the outward curve being sewn to the inward curve.




The TEDIOUS part - pinning them together!




Pins, and I'll need a lot when I join the ROWS together. *shudder*




The frustrating part - actually sewing them together. I can't imagine doing this by hand.




Two rows finished so far. Seven rows of six pieces in each row.




Um ... more than a few of them have puckers. This is not easy, I tell ya!




This part didn't turn out too bad.




How do you like my recycled chocolate sack for snippets of material, threads and bent pins? I'll just throw the whole thing away when it's too full to pack in anymore. :) Of course this means I'll need another round of chocolate ... so I can use the sack for sewing trash. :)




Well, the two pieces being sewn above turned out O.K. But this seems to be the exception rather than the rule!




How many more rows to go? If I ever pick another pattern that has curved seams to it, someone take my sewing machine away!!!

2 comments:

  1. Perserverance is the word that comes to my mind...I am sure the end product will be beautiful....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Robin! I perservered last night and got the rows done, now I have to tackle sewing the rows together. :) or maybe :( Like you say, I'll focus on the END RESULT. :)

    ReplyDelete