Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reprieve

Last night, I got the last two rows of "double axe head" pieces sewn together. You can see the stack of seven rows waiting to be joined in the upper part of the photo directly below. This was not without problem, as once I accidentally got some fabric doubled over in the seam, and had to do some ripping! (*tear more hair out*) Needless to say, I need/want/must have a change of pace before I start joining those rows! Hence, the plans you also see in this picture.



In a lot of quilt blogs I like to read, I've seen neat quilts featuring bright prints surrounded by white, with a colorful border. So I'm trying just a small wall hanging project, to see if I can do something in that style, and HAVE SOME STRAIGHT SEAMS TO WORK WITH FOR AWHILE. I drew the design, decided on the size of pieces, made templates, found fabrics I liked from my stash, and cut out the pieces.




I have this plastic alphabetic file folder I like to keep pattern drawings, plans, templates, and so on in. I've taken lately to include snippets of the fabric in with the page, just for interest to see what I used.




Here are the color pieces I chose:




I'm having a lot of fun playing around. I might do this:




Or this:




Or maybe this:




But I doubt I do any more of this kind of CURVED SEAM MADNESS anytime soon:

No comments:

Post a Comment