Thursday, July 21, 2011

Small Fair Project

This "postage stamp" block with a border and binding will be entered in the local fair as a wall hanging.


You can see here how pressing the seams really helps. Left side is unpressed, right side is pressed. A world of difference!




All pressed.




Starting to layer the backing, batting and pieced block. When putting together quilts, I always have this nagging fear that I might accidentally put the backing "right side up" as I'm layering, which would put it to the INSIDE of the quilt! So I'm always EXTRA CAREFUL that I put the backing "right side down" so it will be on the outside where it belongs! The backing fabric is the same as one of the fabrics used in the block.




Backing, batting and pieced block layered together. I like to have PLENTY of margin around the edge, just for my own quirky peace-of-mind. Plus it gives room for the hoop to grab.




A wonky piece of the batting got trimmed, and now it's all pinned together to keep things from slipping.




In the hoop and ready to quilt! I will do diagonal quilting all through the little squares - like an "X" in each square.

No comments:

Post a Comment