Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tiny Squares In a Tiny Block

Ahh ... the tiny squares are sewed together! Those little square pieces ending up 1 inch across is pretty small. But it all went together quicker and easier than I thought it would, and I enjoyed sewing them.





Block of tiny squares against the Oklahoma morning sky.




Now all it needs is the white-patterned border around it (around 1 and 1/2 inches wide), then set up with batting and backing to quilt. Then later the binding of, I think, red of some kind. Hopefully this will then be a "small quilted article" for the local fair in August.




Closer ...




... closer ...




... HA!!!



Something interesting about these fabrics - about all of them have been purchased here and there in recent years... walmart, quilt store, etc. But ... you see that one pink print with ovals in it? I made myself a maternity top out of that material back when I was expecting our first baby! He's 18 now. :) So now we know how long that little piece of fabric has been around!

No comments:

Post a Comment