Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Family Coverlet

I have an interesting coverlet that Grandma W. made at some point in her life. Apparently sometime in the '60's at the earliest, since my cousin & my names are in it. It doesn't have any batting, it's simply a top made of various squares of corduroy, and a back with our family's names stitched onto it.


Front view, showing the colors of material, block piecing and decorative stitching.




Black, blue and green colors of corduroy.




Closeup of the decorative stitching in the middle - different colors of thread, various stitches, almost a "crazy quilt" look.




Whole view of back - gray material, with all our names stitched by hand in red thread.




A look at the corner - outline stitching around pieces.




A look at the red stitching - front, back, edge.




One aunt and uncle and their boys.




My family, plus another aunt, uncle and cousin on the left.




Closeup view of simple stitching in names and outlines.




Everybody - Grandma, Grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins, my own little family.




My family in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment