Friday, September 2, 2011

Strips of Summer Color

Got the strips made for the sunflower "whatever" quilt. Thought I'd take some pictures of them out on the line. It's September, the end of summer, so this'll be a splash of "summer" color to have fun with. Don't know if you can tell it in the south sky, but there's a bad wildfire about an hour south of us, making the sky hazy, and you can smell the smoke. [As the day has gone on, getting worse.]


Without further ado ... some colorful, summery strips.


Ah, thank you for cooperating, but I think you can hang a little straighter, perhaps?




Well, now that's a little jumbled, you need to work WITH the wind, not AGAINST it.




That's a little better ...




... ahhh!!!! Out of control! Calm down please!




Better. Thank you.




Uh, you might be testing my patience.




Settle down, settle down ...




Better. Nice sky view.




Cheerful colors.




Ah, that wind's getting with it again. And look, Mr. Grasshopper flying through, trying to steal the limelight!




Thank you for the shade, Mr. Cloud.




Still a little breezy.




That looks good! Sort of.




You sure get upset fast.




Wow! I give up.




Now that I've had my camera fun, I'll go in and sew these together, before they get hopelessly tangled!


2 comments:

  1. Fun post Rhonda! It is coming along nicely.

    I hope that fires stays an hour away from you. Do you live in Texas? Keep safe!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! I'll put a picture of the whole quilt top on here when I get the border added. :)

    No, we live in Oklahoma. Texas has had awful fires, and Oklahoma has had its share of bad ones lately, too. The firefighters work so hard around the clock. And when it's so hot out anyway, that just adds to the exhaustion. We all keep praying for rain. Have had some, but sure need more. Good SOAKING rain. Being patient, taking a day at a time, and trusting God. :)

    ReplyDelete