Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oops

Well, something bugged me about those yo-yo's I made, and I got to checking it out. I looked up some "Google" images, and realized I had the wrong side as the right side! The "smooth" side goes to the back, and the "puckered" side goes to the front! Well. I kind of thought that, but I had a little error going on ...


I was making the running stitch on a raw edge, thus leaving a ragged edge in that hole. You're SUPPOSED to fold over the edge as you make the running stitch, essentially hemming it and making that edge in the hole smooth.


The real right side! That does look much better and more interesting. :)




I still like, though, how the "wrong" side shows off the fabric, if it's something like these flower prints.




Some pictures showed things like buttons over the holes, so maybe that's an idea.



But the rest of the yo-yo's I do, doing that "hem" thing, will make them just a tad bit smaller. But hey, I cut out plenty, and I can re-cut those other fabrics. I'm sure glad for Google images. I'm such a visual learner, they help me a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment