Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Antique Four-Patch

Here's an antique 4-patch quilt that I think my great-grandma made, on my mom's side. Or maybe it was Grandma C. on my dad's side. Forgive my forgetful brain! Mom told me at one point, but my brain just ain't remembering correctly. But I love the colors in it, and seeing the different fabrics used.





I like the pink-green combo of the border and binding.




The backing is a printed flannel, augmented by a few pieces to fill in some edge and corner spaces.




A closeup of the cheerful prints in the 4-patches.



It's a smaller size, for a child or baby. Just right for having out and enjoying, without taking up a lot of space.


2 comments:

  1. You are so very, very lucky Rhonda to have a quilt made by your great grandmother. What a joy to be able to look at something so beautiful made by her hands. The way you have displayed it is perfect!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heidi - I'll tell you, these are real treasures to me. I loved both Grandmas so much, and Mom, and these various hand-made things I have give me such good sentimental feelings and memories. It's a connection with the past, but also inspires me as I do my own "creative thing" now. :)

    "Hugs" back! :)

    ReplyDelete