Thursday, August 11, 2011

FW Blocks

I'm having fun adding to my stack of Farmer's Wife blocks.


Churn Dash and Wrench. The yellow in the Churn Dash is supposed to make you think of butter. Now, that Wrench is a mess, but that's the thing - I'm doing this for FUN, I don't care if they turn out wonky, at least I'm sewing and enjoying it. :) And ... on any of these blocks, I can always make more if I want to try to re-do one, or try other fabrics. It's all MINE! But you know, I've had a blast seeing the other blocks on the internet. :)



Also on that Wrench block, I picked that pattern remembering my granddads and my dad, using tools on farm and homestead and working on things. So I used a couple of fabrics that reminded me of men's shirts.


Big Dipper and Broken Dishes. I had to use that turquoise-red fabric in connection with "dishes," because it makes me think of a 1950's kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your FW sampler blocks! This is the theme I picked for my quilt group. We are making 50 of them for our sampler but I am making two of 25 blocks each as I did not want a large quilt.

    Doing patchwork is all about having fun...you are right! I love how you picked your blocks and fabrics to fit your memories. I look forward to watching this grow...

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy hearing from you, Heidi! Thanks so much for your comments. :) I hope you enjoy the piecing with your group - that sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete