Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First of Farmer's Wife Blocks

Well, I've taken the first steps into my own "Farmer's Wife" quilt project. I'm not going to do all the blocks, but I've chosen a pretty good chunk to make a small quilt or something. I kind of stayed in a certain subject - titles that reminded me of grandparents and parents ... one grandpa was a farmer, the other was a carpenter. So everything I picked kind of relates somehow, and reminds me of the older days I've heard about.


Autumn Tints, Snowball.




Calico puzzle, Spool. Yes, the Spool block turned out a little "wonky," oh well! I'm having fun. :)




Contrary Wife, Seasons.



You can see I started with several of the simpler ones, but that will give me some confidence to have some done, and tackle the more challenging ones. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment