Thursday, August 25, 2011

FW and New Project

Several more Farmer's Wife blocks to add to the pile! Took a break for the local fair, now I'll be back at it, plus a few other things thrown in.


Mother's Dream, Wedding Ring.




Farmer's Daughter, Cups & Saucers.




This is what I was talking about earlier about wanting to do something with the "Cups & Saucers" block. The book showed all the cups and saucers being the same print, but I wanted to have each cup and saucer set with a different material, and make that stand out even more. I may use this, or I may do this block again and just see how it is with one print, and compare them. That's the fun part - playing around with different fabrics!




Flock, Postage Stamp.




Yes, this ...




... is reminiscent of this! I did that on purpose. :)




I'm also doing a new project, just for fun. Playing around with some of my "arrangement blocks" one day (I'll have to post about that sometime), I came up with something I liked. So, I got with it and planned it out, and cut out the pieces for it. Looking at it like this doesn't look very "going together," but hopefully when it's pieced it will make sense. I know what I'm picturing in my mind, and hope it looks good in reality!




Believe me, there were LOTS of pieces to cut out, even though this isn't a very big project. Twenty-four EACH of the squares, and forty-eight EACH of the triangles! Thankfully, they were simple, and ... I borrowed from the Farmer's Wife templates, since they have been good and precise, and I like how the triangle corners are "shaped." Makes sewing together MUCH easier.




And, this new project will be featuring ... sunflowers! Maybe cure a little homesickness for my home state, Kansas. But, I'm glad Oklahoma has sunflowers, too. :) I enjoy them wherever I see them - Kansas, Oklahoma, in a quilt ... !


4 comments:

  1. I have that little quilt on the dinning room table...I love it...Yay you picked me for it to come home to live with and be loved....Thanks my little stitching friend..with each project you just get better and better...Keep of the GREAT job...LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I am so glad you are enjoying it! You had commented or something when I got done with it and posted about it ... and suddenly I thought, "I know where this is going after the fair!" I just thought it ought to have a "home" with you. :) Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda! Loving your FW sampler. I was just working on a block today. The choice for your Postage Stamp block is just perfect remembering your other one.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heidi - I appreciate your comments so much, I enjoy hearing from you! :)

    ReplyDelete