Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Had To!

Well ... actually, no one twisted my arm!


And just as an update, I AM making good progress on the little postage stamp mini-quilt. The fair is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I think I'll make it!


We had some business in the nearby bigger town this morning, so while we were there, we checked out some stores we hadn't been in for awhile, plus a new one. One I've visited before is a little quilt/fabric store. So ... I just HAD to pick up a few fat quarters and a pack of big squares. HAD TO!


Here's the stack of squares, a couple of old-fashioned prints, and a couple of what I'd call "retro" or "vintage" prints.




The edge of the stack of squares shows the different colors, and there's a multitude of different prints among them. I may try a "twister" quilt with these.




But this is the one that I really latched onto ... I love vintage stuff, and the combo of red and turquoise got my attention! DEFINITELY will find a project for it! After I get this postage stamp thing done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment