Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ideas




http://www.amazon.com/Farmers-Wife-Sampler-Quilt-Inspired/dp/0896898288


Somewhere in the disaster zone that is my living room, I have this book. I got it at Tractor Supply quite awhile back, and enjoyed looking through it and seeing all the various quilt blocks and reading the stories.


At one point, I had made a "project list" of some things I wanted to do, quilting- and sewing-wise. And ... I have accomplished some of these things. That sure gives a person a satisfied feeling! But ... recently I decided it was time to make a NEW project list, as some things I have lost interest in, or they've moved down on the list, and other things have caught my eye. Now that these fair projects are all but done, I've got an idea in mind.


I've seen on many blogs where gals are making the "Farmer's Wife" quilt blocks, and I just love seeing the different patterns and material combinations. One thing on my list is that I've wanted to do something with vintage prints such as from back in the '20's, '30's and '40's and such. I have some originals that I picked up somewhere, plus I have newer fabrics that LOOK vintage-y. Another thing on my list was to make a sampler quilt of some kind, even if it isn't a big one. So, combine the interest in the Farmer's Wife blocks, the desire to make a sampler quilt, and the fabrics I want to use, and ... I think the next thing I'll tackle will be these Farmer's Wife blocks, at least the ones that I want to do. I may not do all of them, and I don't dare follow a "schedule," but I think it will be fun. A different block each time, plus playing with the fabrics, will give a nice boost of variety each time.


Now, if I can just find that book! I know it's here somewhere .......... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment